· X. Liu, M. S. Lavieri, J. E. Helm, T. A. Skolarus, “Time for accountability: Are readmission responsibility windows too long?” Major Revision at Operations Research, 2021.
· M. Li, S. Nassiri, X. Liu, C. Elimoottil, “How Does Telemedicine Shape Physician’s Practice in Mental Health?” Submitted to Management Science, 2021.
· N. Li, F. Yuan, X. Ma, X. Liu, “Allocation of Telemedicine Capacity in a Regional Hierarchical System for Community-Based Care,” Submitted to IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 2020.
Published Journal Article
1. X. Liu, et al. "Comparison of Telemedicine Versus In-Person Visits on Impact of Downstream Utilization of Care," Telemedicine and e-Health, https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2020.0286, 2021.
2. P. Kirk, X. Liu, et al., "Dynamic readmission prediction using routine postoperative laboratory results after radical cystectomy," Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 255–261, 2020.
3. A. Lee, X. Liu, et al., “Role of post-acute care on hospital readmission after high-risk surgery,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 234, pp. 116–122, 2019.
4. P. Kirk, T. A. Skolarus, B. Jacobs, Y. Qin, B. Li, M. Sessine, X. Liu, et al., “Characterizing ‘Bounce-back’ Readmissions After Radical Cystectomy,” BJU International, vol. 12 pp. 1416–1423, 2019.
5. G.-G. Garcia, K. Nitta, M. S. Lavieri, C. Andrews, X. Liu, et al., “Using Kalman Filtering to Forecast Disease Trajectory for Patients with Normal Tension Glaucoma,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 2857–2857, 2019.
6. X. Liu, M. Hu, J. E. Helm, M. S. Lavieri, and T. A. Skolarus, “Missed opportunities in preventing hospital readmissions: Redesigning post-discharge checkup policies,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 2226–2250, 2018.
7. W. Hu, M. S. Lavieri, A. Toriello, and X. Liu, “Strategic health workforce planning,” IIE Transactions, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1127–1138, 2016.
8. N. Krishnan, X. Liu, et al., “A model to optimize followup care and reduce hospital readmissions after radical cystectomy,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 195, no. 5, pp. 1362– 1367, 2016.
9. G. J. Schell, M. S. Lavieri, J. E. Helm, X. Liu, et al., “Using filtered forecasting techniques to determine personalized monitoring schedules for patients with open-angle glaucoma,” Ophthalmology, vol. 121, no. 8, pp. 1539–1546, 2014.
1. G.-G. Garcia, M. S. Lavieri, C. Andrews, X. Liu, et al., “Using a Machine Learning Technique Called Kalman Filtering to Forecast Conversion from Ocular Hypertension to Primary Open Angle Glaucoma,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 50, no. 9 pp. 2857–2857, 2019.
2. M. Sessine, T. Borza, A. Weizer, P. Kirk, X. Liu, et al., “MP71-02 reframing readmission reduction incentives after radical cystectomy,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 199, no. 4, e943, 2018.
3. P. Kirk, X. Liu, et al., “MP71-04 assessing laboratory parameters and readmissions after radical cystectomy,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 199, no. 4, e944, 2018.
4. S. Finley, S. Joshi, T. Borza, X. Liu, et al., “MP04-06 personalized decision support tool to prevent hospital readmission for patients treated with radical cystectomy,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 197, no. 4, e30, 2017.
5. M. S. Lavieri, X. Liu, et al., “Using kalman filtering to personalize the monitoring of persons with normal tension glaucoma,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 2870–2870, 2017.
6. N. Krishnan, X. Liu, et al., “PD25-08 a model to optimize follow-up care and reduce hospital readmissions after radical cystectomy,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 193, no. 4, e563, 2015.