Dr. Zhenglin Liang received his Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge, St John’s College. He is currently an Assistant Professor in System Engineering, Department of Industrial Engineering, at Tsinghua University. Prior to joining the Tsinghua University, he worked at the Asset Management group at the University of Cambridge as a Research Associate for three years. During this time, he also collaborated with Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction (CSIC) and Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB) at the University of Cambridge on predictive maintenance and digital twins related projects. He has been awarded as Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy since 2017. Currently, he is working in areas of infrastructure management & maintenance, reliability & resilience of 5G networks, service value-based maintenance, etc. He also serves as the deputy head of Tsinghua-Huawei Research Centre.
Educational Background2011-2015, Ph.D.: Reliability Engineering and Asset Management, St John's College at University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
2010-2011, M.Sc.: M.Sc.: Image & Video Communications & Signal Processing, Faculty of Engineering/ University of Bristol, United Kingdom.
2007-2010, Bachelor of Science: Electrical & Electronic Engineering, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering/ University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
Employment History2019-present, Assistant Professor at Tsinghua University
2016-2019, Postdoctoral Research Associate at Cambridge University
2015-2016, Research Assistant at Cambridge University
2019-present: Reliability Engineering and Asset Management（With Professor Su Wu）
2020-present: Reliability Engineering and Risk Analysis（With Professor Yan-Fu Li）
For International Students:
2019-present: Managerial Economics
StudentsFour Doctoral Students
Five Undergraduate Students (Finial year projects)
Research InterestsSystem Reliability
Network Resilience and Reliability
Prognostic Health Management
Research ProjectsTeaching Reform Programme：
1. Zhenglin Liang, Yan-Fu Li、Xiwen Bai，Chinese Case Study and Teaching Framework Reform, 100K
2. Yan-Fu Li, Zhenglin Liang, Digital Teaching Platform for Experiment, 20K
1. 2020-present：A Smart Facility Asset Management for Serving the Macro-characteristic of Networks，National Natural Science Foundation of China- youth fund
1. 2020-present：Systemic Maintenance Modeling for Telecommunication Network，funded by Huawei
2. 2020-present: Maintenance Scheduling for Intelligent Wheelsets，funded by ZhiQi
3. 2018-2019: Digital Built Britain, funded by the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, participated.
4. 2016-2018: Fault Prognosis for Gas Turbines, Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd, participated.
5. 2016-2018: Smart Infrastructure and Construction, funded by EPSRC and Innovate UK, participated.
6. 2015-2016: Prognosis and Maintenance Management for High-Speed Train, funded by Hitachi Europe Ltd, participated.
1. Zhao, X., Liang, Z.*, Parlikad, A.K. and Xie, M., 2021. Performance-oriented risk evaluation and maintenance for multi-asset systems: A Bayesian perspective. IISE Transactions, pp.1-20.
2. Xu, J., Liang, Z.*, Li, Y.F. and Wang, K., 2021. Generalized condition-based maintenance optimization for multi-component systems considering stochastic dependency and imperfect maintenance. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, p.107592.
3. Liang, Z.*, Liu, B., Xie, M. and Parlikad, A.K., 2020. Condition-based maintenance for long-life assets with exposure to operational and environmental risks. International Journal of Production Economics, 221, p.107482.
4. Liang, Z*. and Parlikad, A.K., 2020. Predictive group maintenance for multi-system multi-component networks. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 195, p.106704.
5. Lu, Q., Parlikad, A.K., Woodall, P., Don Ranasinghe, G., Xie, X., Liang, Z., Konstantinou, E., Heaton, J. and Schooling, J., 2020. Developing a digital twin at building and city levels: case study of West Cambridge campus. Journal of Management in Engineering, 36(3), p.05020004.
6. Palau, A.S., Liang, Z., Lütgehetmann, D. and Parlikad, A.K., 2019. Collaborative prognostics in social asset networks. Future Generation Computer Systems, 92, pp.987-995.
7. Liang, Z*. and Parlikad, A., 2018. A Markovian model for power transformer maintenance. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 99, pp.175-182.
8. Mahani, K. #, Liang, Z. #, Parlikad, A.K. and Jafari, M.A., 2018. Joint optimization of operation and maintenance policies for solar-powered Microgrids. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 10(2), pp.833-842.
9. Liang, Z.*, Parlikad, A.K., Srinivasan, R. and Rasmekomen, N., 2017. On fault propagation in deterioration of multi-component systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 162, pp.72-80.
10. Liu, B., Liang, Z., Parlikad, A.K., Xie, M. and Kuo, W., 2017. Condition-based maintenance for systems with aging and cumulative damage based on proportional hazards model. Reliability Engineering & System reliability, S0951832016308857.
|11. Liang, Z. and Parlikad, A.K., 2015. A condition-based maintenance model for assets with accelerated deterioration due to fault propagation. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 64(3), pp.972-982.
|12. Liang, Z. and Parlikad, A.K.*, 2015. A tiered modelling approach for condition-based maintenance of industrial assets with load sharing interaction and fault propagation. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 26(2), pp.125-144.
1. Assisted on establishing Tsinghua-Huawei Research Centre
2. Assisted on organizing annual conference for Institute of Quality and Reliability, Tsinghua University
3. Participated the departmental IE Course Structure Reform Team
4. Participated the departmental Research and Service Working Group
1. IEEE QRS2020, Workshop Chair
2. IEEE QRS2021, Workshop Chair
3. ESREL 2020, Committee Panel
4. ESREL 2021, Committee Panel
1. IISE Transactions
2. Reliability Engineering & System Safety
3. IEEE Transactions on Reliability
4. International Journal of Production Economics
5. International Journal of Production Research
6. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems
7. Future Generation Computer Systems
8. Expert Systems with Applications
10. Journal of Risk and Reliability