Dr. Junlong Zhang serves as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering at Tsinghua University, China. He received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering from North Carolina State University in 2018. His research interests lie in stochastic optimization and bilevel programming, and their applications in transportation and logistics.
Educational BackgroundPh.D., Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering, North Carolina State University, USA, 2018
M.S., Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China, 2014
B.S., Dept. of Automation, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, 2010
Employment HistoryAssistant Professor, Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2018-present
Distribution System Modeling and Analysis
Game Theory and Behavioral Decision Making
Research InterestsStochastic optimization, bilevel programming, transportation, and logistics
Research ProjectsNational Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 72001125
1. Junlong Zhang, & Osman Y. Özaltın (2021). Bilevel integer programs with stochastic right-hand sides. INFORMS Journal on Computing, online: https://doi.org/10.1287/ijoc.2020.1055.
2. Yue Sha, Junlong Zhang, & Hui Cao (2021). Multistage stochastic programming approach for joint optimization of job scheduling and material ordering under endogenous uncertainties. European Journal of Operational Research, 290(3), 886-900.
3. Junlong Zhang, & Osman Y. Özaltın (2017). Single-ratio fractional integer programs with stochastic right-hand sides. IISE Transactions, 49(6), 579–592.
4. Bi Yu Chen, Chaoyang Shi, Junlong Zhang, William H.K. Lam, Qingquan Li, & Shujin Xiang (2017). Most reliable path-finding algorithm for maximizing on-time arrival probability. Transportmetrica B: Transport Dynamics, 5(3), 248–264.
5. Junlong Zhang, William H.K. Lam, & Bi Yu Chen (2016). On-time delivery probabilistic models for the vehicle routing problem with stochastic demands and time windows. European Journal of Operational Research, 249(1), 144–154.
6. Junlong Zhang, William H.K. Lam, & Bi Yu Chen (2013). A stochastic vehicle routing problem with travel time uncertainty: Trade-off between cost and customer service. Networks and Spatial Economics, 13(4), 471–496.